Did you know that the high fiber beta glucan offers protection against metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular issues and obesity?
Beta glucan is a glucose polymer found in the cell walls of different types of plants, fungi, bacteria and yeasts. You will also come across this fiber in certain foods like mushrooms, algae, seaweeds and whole grains.
Beta glucan is a soluble and fermentable fiber. Soluble fibers have positive effects on the body including stimulating immune cells in the gut and slowing glucose absorption.
Health Benefits of Beta Glucan:
• Improve blood glucose control
• Improve cholesterol levels and blood pressure
• Reduce the risk of obesity
• Support the immune system
• Treat skin conditions
• Decrease fatigue caused by impaired immune function
If you would like to learn more about Beta Glucan you can read the full article from Dr. Axe here